My reviews and looks

I am a student but in my spare time makeup takes up my time. I enjoy experimenting with colours and creating different looks for different occasions, I may not be a pro but i'm learning :)

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Step by Step Smokey eye tutorial using Manly pallet.


To begin use a black/grey base to keep the eyeshadow in place since the shadow's i'll be working with tend to cause fall out. Here I am using Sephora Jumbo eye pencil in Grey. I applied it allover my lid and took it up to the crease and used my finger to blend since this product is creamy and using a brush will cause it to streak.



Next step is to choose a dark grey colour and pat it on with a flat brush, remember to use plenty of this eyeshadow since what we are creating is dramatic. Apply to the crease as well and to lower lash line.




Taking a silver/light grey shade pack the colour onto the inner corners and stop halfway through the lid, use a blending brush to blend any harsh lines. I have also applied a creamy highlight colour to the brow bones.




Now that you have done all the above steps your look is complete, just remember to fill in your brows since thick, defined brows are an essential step to achieving this dark Smokey Arabic eye. Go on and apply your favourite mascara too and enjoy the look :)




Here is a variation to the smokey eye, here I have applied a hot pink colour on top of the black in the crease as this help to soften the pink a little yet keep it dramatic!

You might like to try applying a highlight to your cheek bones and a soft pink blush but don't go overboard because it'll be too much for this look! See you soon ;)

Vivian x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home